Hi-Rel connector and SMT board hardware manufacturer Harwin has announced the appointment of Mark Herbert as Corporate Manager for Electronic Manufacturing Service Providers. The aim of the new role will be to develop new EMS business, increasing the service levels that customers can expect to receive.
Explains Herbert: “In my new role I will be visiting EMS companies directly to develop a closer relationship with them and to introduce products that are appropriate for their application. I believe that our EZ Boardware range of products is especially suitable for EMS companies looking to decrease the cost of manufacturing. My role will be to identify the design authority – which may be the OEM or third party manufacturer – then get Harwin products designed in and on the BOM. This model is a win-win-win situation as end customers get better product, EMS companies benefit from improved communication and service levels and Harwin gets designed into new projects.”
The EZ Boardware product family includes space and cost-saving surface mount solutions for EMC, cable management, battery attachment, test and rework.
- TDK-Lambda’s NVM175 power supplies meet latest medical approvals
- NXP Cortex-M0 micros get more memory and package options
- ip.access releases next generation management tools for small cell layer
- Molex Picoflex connectors now available from TTI
- Second generation microscopy cameras now controlled via on-camera buttons
bunny evans (@bunnym… on Zytronic touch screens get Jap…