DRS Technologies and Acal have entered into an international reseller agreement for DRS’ family of advanced military and commercial thermal imaging systems. The distributor will work with security and surveillance OEMs and Integrators throughout Europe.
The relationship with Acal represents the first significant reseller programme in Europe for these DRS systems. They are developed by the Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Group, which has a rich history of leadership with high-quality and cost-effective thermal imaging systems.
DRS Technologies’ RSTA thermal imaging systems produce sharp, high-quality images through smoke, dust, haze, light fog and in complete darkness. Rather than relying on light, they detect the infrared (heat) waves emitted by every person, object and structure, at any temperature.
Among the RSTA products which Acal BFi will support are:
• Tamarisk 320: The world’s smallest and lightest full-featured thermal camera. Smaller than a golf ball, it occupies less than 30 cubic centimeters, weighs as little as 30 grams and consumes less than one watt of power. The excellent 320 x 240 resolution of the Tamarisk™320 is unmatched in a package of that compact size. Its small size makes the Tamarisk™320 particularly attractive to manufacturers for integration into their own products.
• UC640-17-LW: A miniature thermal imaging camera that employs vanadium oxide (VOx) detector technology to produce a clear, 640 x 480 image. This device is available in two configuration formats, OEM housed and split configuration, for maximum integrator flexibility.
• WatchMaster IP Elite: A very compact, Open Network Video Interface Forum (ONVIF™) compliant system that weighs less than 1500 grams. Providing a sharp 320 x 240 thermal image, it operates with Internet protocols and is easily networked.
• WatchMaster Pro: A powerful thermal imaging system in a small package that produces high-resolution 640 x 480 images with unparalleled clarity. The dual-camera device can be operated in a networked or standalone configuration.
- TDK-Lambda’s NVM175 power supplies meet latest medical approvals
- NXP Cortex-M0 micros get more memory and package options
- ip.access releases next generation management tools for small cell layer
- Molex Picoflex connectors now available from TTI
- Second generation microscopy cameras now controlled via on-camera buttons
bunny evans (@bunnym… on Zytronic touch screens get Jap…