Zuken has launched its Cadstar Placement Planner, which helps electronic engineers communicate their intent and provide guidance to the PCB designer more effectively, without time-consuming iterations that can cause unnecessary delays. Zuken developed Placement Planner, an add-on to Cadstar Schematics, in response to engineers who do not require full Cadstar functionality.
Placement Planner helps improve design flow between logical design and PCB layout, whether conducting placement studies for space planning or defining the location of critical components. It also helps maintain the integrity of the original design intention.
• Ability to define placement of critical components to optimize board performance and design space early in the design process
• Managing schematic and layout reuse blocks to improve design cycle time
• Defining constraints and high-speed requirements before layout to reduce costly iterations
• Easy verification through view and cross-probe between schematic and PCB design data
• Access to CADSTAR’s many powerful placement features during schematic entry